So the lovely Melanie, whose amazing blog you can check out here: Deliberate Donkey, nominated me for my very first ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award. Thank you so much for thinking of me! It still amazes me that anyone finds what I have to say remotely interesting, so when people think of me for awards it’s something special for me.
I decided to save my acceptance speech ;) for my celebration of my 40th post. I almost can’t believe I’ve made it this far! Writing a blog is something I had given a lot of thought before I gathered the guts to actually do it. It’s been seven months and forty posts since that day, and I’m growing fonder and fonder of the WP community, as well as of writing stuff that people can see, which is a big big change in my writing habits.
Anyhow, the ‘rules’ for this award are as follows:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
Here they are, in no specific order. They’re all amazing blogs that inspire me and I’m thankful for having found them:
- Attachment Girl at Tales of a Boundary Ninja, because I thank her for sharing such a powerful insight on therapy.
- Goldfish at Fish of Gold, because she’s awesome and so is her blog.
- My mending wall, because her blog is so powerful, brave, and inspiring.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…